This week, the main new issue for me to conquer was the addition of the Particle Photon. Although we’re still having some trouble getting the hardware to work on Luca’s end, I’ve been able to make some good progress with respect to getting the Photon to wirelessly transmit data. I currently have the photon transmitting data piece by piece so that computation can be done in Python. This is, however, quite slow so I’m looking into implementing my Python AHRS computation on the Photon and simply transmitting the resulting 3D position. I’ve also been running more tests with a pendulum motion like we eventually will have with the throwing hand. The good news is that we’re estimating the shape of the pendulum fairly well, but we still have a fair amount of downwards drift that we need to account for. I’ve included some images that show how the position and velocity readings react to the pendulum motion.

By the end of the weekend, I should have the majority of the Photon issues resolved on my end so I’ll be focused on the integration of the 2nd IMU and the reduction of downwards drift.

(All images below come from readings captured with the Particle Photon)