This past week has been a tumultuous one. Together we’ve been trying to figure out the best way forward.

I was saddened to find out that we won’t be able to build the robot anymore, especially since even though that was one of my smaller parts, I was really looking forward to building it and putting everything together.

As we’re now transitioning to something more design and simulation based, Dan, Luca, and I will now all work on the Kalman filtering with the hand IMU data, previously just Dan’s part. I’ve been reading some articles and watching some tutorials on the topic to bring myself up to speed. There’s a fair amount of matrix manipulation to be done, although I’m not entirely sure for the reasons behind certain operations. I will be conducting more research to figure this out. I’ve been looking into how we’re going to get the IMU data and convert this to a simulation. Right now, the idea is to get the data, filter it, and represent the data in vectors. From my computer graphics class, I have the background on how to turn these vectors into renderable meshes, to be displayed in the simulation. Dan and I have talked about how this will be accomplish. Dan has more experience with the software package Maya which has many capabilities, but he’s the only one. The both of us have worked in Processing, which I believe is easier to pick up so Luca can also help, and should be compatible with the data we’re working with.