This week we had some issues ordering the mobile base we wanted, so Dan and I did some digging to find an alternative quickly. We then took a deeper dive into the system architecture and I focused on looking at how the MPU 950 will be connecting to the Particle Photon. Looking at their data sheets, I was able to lay out connections between specific pins between them. So when it comes time to build and connect all our devices, we should know what connects to what with regards to the IMUs and the Photon.

I did some additional research on CAD (as we want to 3D print the basket and it’s supports that will go on top of the motorized base. I will need to borrow a PC at some point and download AutoCad Inventor to be able to create the .stl file necessary to print.

The Particle Photon was delivered and I proceeded to set it up and run some basic tests. The Photon is capable of connecting to one of our hotspots from our personal devices, which we will be using later to transmit the wired data from the IMUs to the Photon and ultimately the motorized base carrying out net.