Chakara’s Status Update for 04/26/2020

This week I started of by helping Alex write the verification script.

After seeing results from different objects,  we realized the triangulation, although looks good, doesn’t give satisfiable results. I spent a lot of time fixing the triangulation algorithm. The Screened Poisson algorithm was working decently well and was fast, but using our metrics to test points from our resulting meshes to the ground truth meshes, our accuracy was not as good. Also, there were a few points that were outside of 5% of the longest axis of the ground truth model which means we failed our accuracy requirement.

I then switched back to our Delaunay Triangulation algorithm from pyvista. I adjusted different parameters. Although this algorithm takes so much longer, the accuracy results were much more satisfiable. The time was around 3-4 times longer than Poisson algorithm for most meshes but was still within our timing requirement. No points were outside of 5% of the longest axis of the ground truth model and only a few points were outside of 2% of the longest axis of ground truth models.

After fixing everything, I worked with Alex to write our driver. We added different parameters to the script so that we can adjust different parameters and test our pipeline more efficiently. This also helps with when we are trying to look into tradeoffs and validation for the final presentation and final report. Users can also then use our program by just running this driver script. Moreover, I also helped write the driver to be able to output the results in CSV format for easier analysis.

After that, I worked together with both Jeremy and Alex in creating the final presentation slides so that we can show different tradeoffs and our whole project.

I’m currently on schedule and next week, I hope to work with both Jeremy and Alex to finish the final report and the two videos.