Chakara’s Status Update for 03/21/2020

This week, I spent the first half of the week traveling back to Bangkok and setting up so I did not have much time to work on the project. After meeting with Joe and Professor Tamal on Wednesday, our team would be removing the physical parts of the project and would be creating a simulation of sensor data instead. Since my main tasks of this project were all related to the physical components (rotational mechanism, circuits, platform assembly, etc), our team changed our task delegation. I would now be working closely with Alex to implement different algorithms as needed. As I only understood briefly of our algorithms, I spent this week trying to learn and understand more about them. I also worked on SOW with other team members and was responsible for updating our task list and gantt chart. 

We are currently behind schedule because of the situation of the Coronavirus outbreak. However, after this next week, we hope to catch up on our process since we’re replacing all the physical parts and calibration mechanism with simulated data. 

By next week, I hope to fully understand the main algorithms we would be using and help Alex write some parts of the code related to the testing benchmarks and algorithm to construct global point cloud from sensor data. This would also depend on the data Jeremy would be able to simulate.