Kenny Ramos status report 03/21/20

For this week there were some previously unexpected design changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting quarantines and public space shutdowns. The more dramatic impacts include: our inability to physically coordinate, lack of access to Techspark, and lack of access to speciality testing or verifying equipment. Due to these changes a few changes had to be done to the “compensator” portion of our design. Many of these changes were listed in detail in the recent SOW.

The main tasks I tried to coordinate this week was getting the supplies necessary for assembly in my home. Since I will be the one doing physical assembly and testing I need access to a few specialized tools. Furthermore, for certain, less accessible or more expensive tools such as an oscilloscope I began researching an alternative in the “Arduino oscilloscope”. As our project partner Yuyi pointed out the frequencies at which the controller works at makes this option viable.

Another thing that I wanted to explore is using rendered images by simulating point light and point light movement in a spherical grid. Using these simulations we can create more accurate mock data as input for the pi. This should provide another alternative to testing which could come in handy in increasing input data fidelity without having to do field testing in the probable upcoming quarantines.