Menu Close

Weekly Status Report #4

Team Status Report

Our design review slides and design report are posted!

RISKS

We are still unsure of how the algorithm will work, and are waiting on the software prototype to determine whether this risk will affect our project.

DESIGN CHANGES

We have refined the inner workings of the functional unit and created a schematic diagram of the new unit:

The updated resource utilization numbers are available in the design report linked above. This design is agnostic to the specific format of the video. We have been planning to use the intuitive format of a serialized 3-dimensional cube with one byte for each color channel, but may switch to a format more optimized for our application. The memory layout of pixel values dictates the FSM controlling all the functional units as well as the address logic module.

UPDATED SCHEDULE

See our report for the latest full schedule.

Maxwell Johnson

Personal work:

Last weekend we all worked on the design report. I focused on the content of the introduction and the programmable logic sections of the report. I created the visuals describing seam carving as well as the system architecture diagrams. I refined the hardware design for our functional unit, shown above, and updated our projected resource utilization numbers. I have also worked on our Vivado toolchain. I set up the XDC file (pin assignments) for our board, researched some of the quirks of configuring the board (the USB to JTAG on-board converter did not work as expected), and uploaded a design to the board. Some notes on this toolchain are available as a pdf here.

Progress:

I was hoping to have the DDR3 module instantiated before break, so I am slightly behind my desired schedule. I will spend the time early next week to ensure that this component is ready to interface with the SoC so that the team’s schedule is not delayed.

Deliverables:

After spring break, I will have a DDR3 IP instantiated. This will provide the framework that John and I need to establish communication between the SoC and the programmable fabric. That week, we will work together on this communication, front-loading the integration process in our schedule.

John Zhang

Personal Work

Deliverables

Riki Khorana

Personal Work

Deliverables