Weekly Update #3 (2/24 – 3/2)

Team

This week was focused on the completion of the design, and thinking through many of the important aspects of our design. We didn’t make any sweeping changes that affect the course of the project, and are still on track. We just need to start implementing some of the planned ideas this week.

Kristina

This week, I worked with Brian and Umang on refining our design presentation as well as our design report. I didn’t work a ton on the actual implementation of the project, but helped with many design decisions as we finalize our design report. This upcoming week, I hope to finish gathering the expert data needed for the project.

Brian

Most of this week was spent on the design specifications for our project. We still had a couple of implementation details to think through, so that was the main concern. A big realization was that we need to transform the data into the angle space rather than look at the points themselves. This will allow us to account for the scaling and translation of the person within the image easily. Next week I would like to have an implementation for a still image running so we can move on to movement afterwards.

Umang

This week I had to travel for grad school visit days; nonetheless, I contributed to the design document development. Moreover, during a collaboration session with Brian, we realized that we need to map the limbs from Euclidean space to the angular domain. As such our feature vector would be six angles at the joints of a person. Using a rule based system, we can map each angle to a movement (given two angle feature vectors from adjacent frames) and then prompt the user with a directional correction phrase (after the Mozilla TTS). Next week, I hope to have built the angle feature vectors.