3/9 – Weekly Update

3/9 – Weekly Update

Christina

This past week, I collected more photograph data for my computer vision portion so that I can improve the algorithms over spring break. We split up our design doc work into parts, and I put my seldom-used writing skills to use for my sections. On Wednesday, I borrowed a car to make a trip to Home Depot with Harry to pick up our parts. 10′ pipes are really tall! We cut the pipes down into more manageable parts and got help sanding from the kind people in the Makerspace. We were able to prototype the frame build, though we will need to eventually adjust the height for the camera and projector. Next, I plan on improving the CV accuracy for our demo table so that we can start integrating everything 👍

Harry

Last week, I spent a significant portion of our time contributing to our design doc. I was personally responsible for the overarching block diagram, my part of the design trade studies, and the project management section. I aided my teammates in editing and contributing for other parts of the doc. For my specific part of the project, we made a trip to Home Depot and collected the PVC pipes and associated parts. I cut and assembled a rough frame in the lab. I held up the camera to the estimated frame height and have plans to make the frame taller. I hope to have the frame ready for a full integration when we get back from break!

Sam

This was a short week for me – I left Pittsburgh on Wednesday to start an early Spring Break. Relating to Capstone, I spent a bit of time cleaning up and refactoring the code I’ve done so far before resuming development. Most of the time this week was spent working on the design documentation with my team. Back home, I’m sharpening my pool skills at a local pool hall — can’t beat the price at $7/2 hours. 😜

TEAM

The design documentation took up a lot of our time, collectively. We had a few (very long) meetings: one to divide up work, another to sync-up, and finally one to merge all our work together and finally submit. Overall, we are satisfied with the design document we submitted despite some ambiguity. We think it will serve as a very solid draft for the final report we submit at the end of the semester. I think we went through a lot this week, but we got through it together. Team above all. 😉