4/27 – Weekly Update

4/27 – Weekly Update

Harry

I finished up on my modules. I worked with Sam and Christina to tune values and work on integration, but the week was also extremely busy for me with a series of cascading deadlines. I’m looking into other modules to increase stability and reduce variance for the line side of things, but at the same time our priority is metrics gathering. I’m looking into accurate and reproducible methods of testing our CV separately, our GUI and software separately, and our system end to end.

Christina

I finished up on edge detection and implemented speed detection. I’m focusing on integration with Sam and Harry for the rest of the system. I’m working with Sam to tune our GUI size and orientation to match the pool table. It’s taking a significant amount of time to adjust the constants to match parts of the table with our camera feed. I also tuned our cue stick detection algorithm, we attached red tape to the end of the cue stick to have it better recognized, and cropped the frame to reduce conflicting lines. We’re able to have a much more stable image than our earlier demo.

Sam

I finished up the additional bounces, and added the speed to our GUI. I’m focusing more on integration with the rest of our system, and adjusting ball offsets to match our Pygame output to the table. It’s taking a lot of time adding in these offsets, we reason that this is because the projector and camera are curved and detect parts of our table different. In addition, we switched to a more minimalistic GUI to prevent further projector feedback. I’m looking forward to finishing tuning to proceed to metrics gathering.

Team

Our week was divided into pre-demo and post-demo. For pre-demo, we focused on integrating our changes into our complete system. We completed our cue-stick speed detection and GUI representation, but chose not to display it due to the need to tune it further. For our demo day, we found that the brightness from the projector was heavily impacting our edge detection threshold. We discussed with Professor Tamal and Shraddha, and decided to implement transparent images from our projector. Post-demo, our focus now is stabilizing our setup for minimize setup time. We were able to acquire a table and align our table to the corner of our frame. We are getting more accurate results, and are working hard to measure our metrics for our presentation and poster!