5/4 – Weekly Update

5/4 – Weekly Update

Harry

I worked with Christina to tune values and work on integration with our HSV filtering and Edge detection algorithms. I worked with the team to collect our testing results for the final presentation, and I am now working to increase stability and reduce variance for our balls and cue stick for the final demo. Christina and I are working on really fine-tuning the cue stick detection.

Christina

I helped collect the CV testing data for our final presentation, and I spent time understanding the full project and rehearsing my Wednesday presentation. Prior to the final demo, I am mostly working on improving the consistency of our CV’s readings for a smooth user experience. Harry and I are working on getting the cue stick angle and position to be as accurate as possible.

Sam

To help collect test data, I built a physical testing setup to measure our software backend metrics. This helps us compare our software prediction with the true pool table physics. Additionally, Tamal suggested that we incorporate cue stick speed, so I created a cue stick speed module. I tuned the module and included PyGame functionality so that thereĀ is useful projector output of the cue stick speed.

Team

We worked a lot on metrics and gathering testing results for our final presentation. We ran tests on our CV component, measuring the difference between the physical and CV-computed locations of the pool balls. For the software backend, we created a testing setup for different angle shots and recreated that setup in the software. From this, we compared the actual ball angle to the software-predicted ball angle. We also created our end-to-end test suite and compared the location differences. After all of these tests, we all worked to create our final presentation and supported Christina’s talk.

Now, we are working on getting our project ready for the final demo. We want our system to be very consistent, function correctly in the gym demo space, and have an intuitive and usable interface for our users. Wish us luck in these final days!