Chris Lee (chunglee) Weekly Progress Update 3/30/2019

Personal Progress

I’m currently working mostly on the demo for next week. We received feedback that an appropriate demo would be a small grid and moving pieces that could be detected by the sensors. This past week, we were able to sense inputs from several sensors and determine the threshold that represented if the piece was present or not, along with which side the piece belonged to based on the polarity of the magnet. I’m still working on modifying my code to interpret the changes on the board in an array form and output a string that displays which piece was moved. A stretch goal for the demo would be to integrate my software with the gui, so we are working on that as well.

I have also started looking at methods for connecting the two pi’s. I’ve been running into issues configuring static ip addresses so I will continue looking at this over the next few weeks.

Our demo is scheduled for Wednesday, so I am trying to get the pi code to translate the sensor inputs to a readable output by then.

Deliverable

For the demo code,  I want to make sure that it can be scaled for the final demo. So I want to create a standard method of switching inputs that can be modified for an increased number of inputs.