[Irene] Controls

Good news: I got the motor integrated with the system, and I updated the Bill of Materials document. I rewired the circuit to share the 12V supply between the motor and the solenoid.

Bad news: the motor turns very slowly. I think the 12V supply is not supplying 12V.

In addition, I designed the control loop for the system, with the help of prof Bain. Essentially, it is an automatic door, like what one would encounter at the entrance to a supermarket or in an elevator. The door opens if there is movement on either side, then does not close until there is no movement in both sides. The control loop does this by taking turns checking the sensor for each side. It is like a scheduler that context switches between the two tasks, delegating equal time per task to make sure that the other task does not get starved out.

Next week, we gotta do the poster and the list of last min things to take care of. I’ll put together a comparison of how the camera performs during lit and unlit settings, and work with jing to fix the solenoid.