[Philip] Jetson Integration + App

In the first part of the week I focused on integrating the Tensorflow algorithm, the MQTT library, and the GPIO library into one Python script. Integrating the GPIO was fairly straightforward as when a cat is detected by the camera or the PIR sensor detects movement, I simply set an LED to turn on for 5 seconds. The MQTT library was a little more tricky because I had to define what information will need to be sent between the Jetson and the iPhone app. The iPhone app tells the Jetson when the user wishes the door to be enabled or disabled. The Jetson then interprets this command and applies it. In addition, when movement is detected, the Jetson informs the app of the time of the movement in addition to the direction (inbound or outbound). When the app receives this information it then interprets it and updates the screen. Finally, when the app first opens it requests an update automatically from the Jetson for the most recent movement which then sends the corresponding info back to the app.

In addition to changing a lot on the backend of the iPhone app, I also spent a lot of time with the design of the app. Here is the final version:

My progress is on track.

This week I will need to test the entire integrated system. This will require working extensively with Jing and Irene.