[Philip] Final Design Decisions

This week my focus has been on finalizing the design decisions for the design presentation and report. I wrote the system description for the iPhone Application, which included a more detailed wireframe. In this report, I specified what the requirements are for the app, and how we would accomplish those.

Note: Cities will be replaced with “Today” “Yesterday” “Past Week” “Past Month” “Past Year”

I also wrote the system description for the System Hub. Last week, I explained how we chose the Jetson TX2 for the CV and ML acceleration. I explained how the developer kit will suit all our needs for the system hub: it will need to communicate over Wifi to a phone, receive camera footage, apply our Computer Vision and ML algorithms, control the servos for the door, turn on and off and LED, and receive PIR data. It will replace the original plan to use a Raspberry Pi for the communication in conjunction with the Jetson GPU. In addition, I discuss our camera choice.

Finally, I research related cat doors for the research paper. I discuss the benefits and downsides of the traditional cat door, as well as an RFID activated cat door.

My progress is on schedule.

In the upcoming week, I will get started on writing code for the iPhone app.