Team Status Report 12/10

This week, Jiyeon was mainly worked on preparing final presentation and web application. She has presented the final presentation on Wednesday so she spent some time making slides and practicing the presentation. After that, she started working on web app and integrating her model with it. She’s using Django web framework for her web app. Current progress on web app is real-time streaming and capture and save an image from webcam. She’s working on integrating her YOLOv5 model with the web app and creating item display page. After the demo, she will be working on final video and report.

Raymond

So last week, right, I was primarily focused on finding a way to remotely control the conveyor belt, and to my surprise, it worked. Thanks for the help from the experienced professor and my TA, without expert knowledge, we would waste a lot of resources in testing different design method, and probably we wouldn’t be able to finish the design on time.

Surprisingly this is the first hardware engineering project I made from scratch. Some of the important things I learned from last week, and the semester, was that in the future, if I want to do certain project. I need to

1. Spend more time design than implement.
  2.  Network and find the people who specializes in this field(sometimes an expert idea is worth millions of dollars, if money is the easiest understand metrics of impact).
  3.  Always document what I did, and write a journal of the engineering process.
  4. Always try to work in person with teammates. Work from home works for solo projects, but it never works for a team, no matter how easy the project seems to be.