Demi’s Status Report for 11/13

My main goal for this week was to have the board completely done. I successfully installed the LED matrix and connected the push button to the board. The WS2812B LED strips that I initially used were too weak, so I had to switch to a different LED strip WS2811. I chose WS2811 because they are stronger and do not require any soldering. I also had to redesign the board completely, laser cut the pieces, and assemble them. I wrote a script that takes coordinates as inputs and lights up the corresponding LEDs. This was shown during Wednesday’s demo.

I installed Stockfish AI on our RPi. I also wrote an example script to enter moves and get the next best move of the AI. Lastly, I have set up the webcam with the RPi. I downloaded the necessary libraries and wrote a shell script that captures an image with the specified resolution.

I am on schedule. I have tested all the modules I have been working on individually: LEDs, push button, webcam, Stockfish AI. Next week, I will focus on integrating them with the CV and valid move logic module.