Anoushka’s Status report for 11/20

This week I tested CV move detection. I tested with around 27 images of moves during a chess game and got all of the moves correctly detected. This was with images before we got the new webcam stand, so I will need to change thresholds and verify again this week.

I spent a significant amount of time solving issues with package compatibility this week. First, there was an issue with matplotlib  after my OS update that caused a segfault whenever I tried to display anything. It took me some time to fix this. I also spent a lot of time in the lab with Demi trying to get the neural network to work. The installation was significantly easier on my mac and I ran into a lot of issues with the Rpi. We tried to install the dependancies but we weren’t able to because the python version was not compatible with tensorflow. We ran into issues with changing the python version because for some reason it wouldn’t update even if we used a conda environment and set both global and local to the right version. We then tried using pyenv but we still couldn’t get all the versions of tf, np, scipy etc to match up. After a lot of work, we were finally able to get everything to match up and find versions that are compatible. We then tested the project end to end.

Next week, I plan to generate more metrics for CV (including time, we haven’t worked on those yet). I also plan on doing some e2e testing. We will also devote time to the final presentation.