Yoorae’s Status report for 11/20

This week I spent time in class editing errors in integration mostly related to coordinates. I also added a logic from python chess library that checks if ‘checkmate’ has reached to signal the user that the game has ended. I edited an error on check valid castling from chess game logic.

I also spent most of my time writing exhaustive testing for chess logic to add onto the metrics for our final presentation. I have written 90 test cases, with varying board states. For each chess piece type (6 types in total), I wrote five valid move tests, five invalid move tests, and five capturing move tests. Along the way, I am recording an error I have found, and editing the code to take account of the edge case. So far, bishop’s left downward diagonal move and bishop’s en passant capturing move had errors and I have updated the code. I am planning on adding more test cases to detect more errors I haven’t found.

I am planning on adding more test cases including invalid capturing moves to detect more edge cases I haven’t considered and helping Anoushka with testing CV tomorrow. I will also spend next week on preparing for final presentation.