Andrew’s Status Report 11/15

This week, I along with the other people in the group spent a lot of time preparing for the interim demo. We met a couple times the past weekend and to prep for it and made decent amount of headway with the integration. We now have a functioning system where we can move the cursor to an onscreen position and close our hand getting it to recognize a clicking gesture, and this recognition doesn’t produce noticeable latency within our system. My next steps are working on making the cursor movement run smoother and that will be initially attempted with some form of rolling average. Since the mouse movement gets a bit jittery when you try to click on specific locations, having some sort of rolling average will smooth out the cursor motion and make it so the cursor becomes a lot more precise at specific tasks that require precision. Another thing I’ll be working on in tandem with Brian is a hand landmark frontalization algorithm performed with some three dimensional rotation matrix performed likely with the hands that will hopefully get our gesture recognition more accurate. Overall, like the previous week, I’m on schedule with my tasks.