Shilika’s Status Report for 10/30/20

This week after finalizing the output of the signal processing, I began to review the concepts of a neural network which will be the next technical portion of our project. I will be working with Mohini to improve the neural network that we created in a Machine Learning course we previously took. In this algorithm, we use a single layer neural network that uses a sigmoid activation function for the hidden layer, a softmax function on the output layer, and the cross-entropy loss function to gauge the accuracy of our model. I reviewed the concepts behind these activation functions and how the output layer is formed using the input layer and hidden layers. 

I additionally started working on the web application components of our project again. I worked on how to run the java code in django and used the “copy path” command to be able to run the code from a separate direction. I also began working on the profile page again which is where the user will be able to save their skill set and view previously recorded behavioral interviews. I improved the css for the profile page to make it more user friendly and began to look at saving the videos locally in django.

Next week, my goal is to be able to save the videos on django and allow the user to upload a profile photo to the profile page. Additionally as soon as our training data is ready, I start implementing ways in which our neural network can be improved to classify our 8 outputs.