Edward’s Status Update for 10/24

Edward’s Status Update for 10/24

Early in the week we spent finalizing the last portions of the design report. We all spent time proofreading the document and writing the last couple of paragraphs. After that I focused primarily on the integration between different components of the project. With the first demo coming so soon we felt that cutting out some of the software features and implementing them later was a better approach so we decided to start with integration
The first thing I did this week was finish up the research on how to implement the communications that would be threadsafe and concurrent. We decided on a system that would instantiate different threads with input and output queues that would handle the communications. We chose this setup because if we are to convert to golang later these queues act in the same way as golang channels. We hope that with this setup we can quickly convert to golang in the future once we have the MVP implemented.
I was able to do basic testing with fake messages that are being passed around to verify that the setup can work for us. I mocked up some basic message formatting that we can also use for the actual messages to pass around and how to create and parse through them. I spent some time this week explaining the entire setup to Heather and Anna as well so that we can begin putting our different parts together. The code has been well formatted and I have already added in parts that will be useful for debugging.
My goals for the remainder of the week will be to continue touching up the CV and also altering the code to properly work with the new code structure which will require more than simple copy pasting. Again, the software implemented zoom will be revisited later as we are implementing integration now.