Edward’s Status Update for 12/5

Edward’s Status Update for 12/5

This week was the final push for integration. I met up almost daily with Heather and Anna to make sure that everything was connected properly. I also had to program a lot more solutions since we also changed how the motors would be moving. The motors still had a limited range but in order to still center a face in those cases I manually cropped the frame as much as possible to then add a black border to create an image that was still centering the face without needing a motor update. In addition to this I also added in updates to stop the intense jittering of the camera. I noticed that we kept using the output values of the audio processing which probably meant that we correctly updated the camera position but it soon led to it being reverted back to an incorrect position. The repeated movement was bad so the way that I dealt with this was to only use the values from the audio processor if it was significantly different from the last received value. To be significant just meant that it was at least a difference of 15 degrees so that we didn’t try to get a bunch of redundant angles that would more likely unfocus the camera. Overall we have some last minute alterations to finish up and tomorrow we plan on finishing the presentation.