Jack Wang’s Status Report for 4/27/24

Personal Accomplishments:

1. Final Presentation: Together with Johnny and Jason, we finished the slide deck for the Final Presentation. I made the slides about testing metrics and set up templates for other slides. During lab meeting time, I listened to other teams’ presentations, asking questions and providing feedback. I was able to hear about other people’s projects while reflecting on our project to see what to be cautious about during the final testing and integration.
  2. System Integration: I spent the rest of the time this week helping Johnny to finish the integration of the system onto the bike. I helped with soldering wires and making sure they were connected correctly. We had a mishap with properly using the MOSFET, where we put too much current through it. This was quickly fixed by reviewing the datasheet and changing the circuit design. The bike is fully integrated at this point.
  3.  Testing: I did tests on the max current draw of the system, radar detection accuracy, and the visibility of the turn signals. Together with Jason, we drafted test plans and executed the tests one by one. However, more tests need to be done in the coming week, including real-world testing.

Progress:

I am currently on track to finishing the integration of the system.

Next Week:

1. Integration
  2. Demo Preparation