Jack Wang’s Status Report for 2/17/24

Personal Accomplishments:

1. Lab Meetings (4 hrs): With my team members, I finalized the BOM of the project, especially the choice of radar. We have discussed the benefit of the K-LD7 radar based on the datasheet. It provides us with the range that we need, along with a nice serial output that is easy for us to process. I have also identified a Python driver for the radar to help us process the output data of the radar. The radar and the other components were ordered. During the lab meeting, we presented our ideas to Prof. Fedder and the TA, where we received the acknowledgment of the radar choice.
  2. Presentation Prep (4 hrs): Together with my teammates, I prepared the design review presentation.  Please see here for more details on our presentation. I am mainly in charge of the design requirements, radar, and testing slides.
  3. Project Meetings (4 hrs): I discussed the power source of our project with Jonny, and with the help of Prof. Mukherjee, we decided to use a large enough power bank as the power source. I researched the requirements for using radar frequency bands based on the FCC regulations. I also reached out to Prof. Sullivan to confirm the regulations. I also tested our LED blinker with Jonny.

Progress:

My progress is on schedule so far.

Next Week:

1. Software bring-up for the radar if they arrive
  2. General course assignments and documentation