Team Status Report for 3/14/2026

As with last week, the largest risk to the project is the arrival of the ordered PCB.  It is expected to arrive by Monday, so we should be able to test with it on the day we don’t have our ethics meeting. Unless it is delayed further, we should be able to continue with our current schedule.

In terms of design changes, we are considering moving from Bluetooth low energy to Bluetooth classic, due to an improvement in documentation providing additional aid in troubleshooting, but the decision is not final.  We did not plan to implement Bluetooth functionality this week so this decision does not undo any previous work or cost much time, but a decision will likely be made before starting implementation.

In addition, after discussion we have settled on the desired variables to be tracked by the schedule JSON, details of which can be found in the individual status reports for this week.  Since this was largely changing fields from strings to integers, it has a very small upfront cost but will hopefully make our run more efficiently as we now don’t have to parse/interpret as many strings.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *