There are two main risks that could jeopardize the success of our project: delays in receiving hardware components and the possibility that our initial proof of concept does not work as expected. To manage potential shipping delays, we planned ahead by identifying alternative components already available in our inventory so we can continue early testing/proof of concept while waiting for ordered parts to arrive. For technical risk, we are allocating sufficient time to build, test, and debug a minimal working prototype before scaling the system. If challenges arise, our contingency plan is to focus on engineering a simpler version of the design first, then iteratively expand functionality once core performance is validated.
Following our project presentation, we began reviewing our ASR error reduction requirement after Professor Qing questioned how directly it reflects system performance. The concern was that demonstrating a functional prototype may already imply improvements in speech recognition, making the requirement less meaningful as a standalone metric. As a result, we are refining how this requirement is framed so it better represents measurable system impact and aligns with our project goals. This requirement change does not introduce significant cost.
At this time, no changes have been made to the project schedule. Our development timeline remain aligned with the original plan.
