Kavish’s Status Report for 3/23/24

I finished up the code for the viewer and synchronizer that I described last week (corrected few errors and made it product ready). The only part left for the viewer is determine the exact json and message format which I can change and test when we begin integration. I hoped to get back on the FPGA development and make more progress on that end like I mentioned last week, but I had to spend time on coming up with a solution for the end of sentence issue. The final solution that we decided on was to run a double query to the LLM while maintaining a log of previous words given by the classification model. The first query will aim to create as many sentences as possible based on the inputted log, while the second query will determine if the current log is a complete sentence. The output of the first query will be sent as a json message to my viewer which will continuously present the words. The log will be cleared based on the response of the second query. Although I am behind on the hardware tasks, Sandra has now taken over the task of testing and determining the correct prompts for the LLM to make the previous idea work, so I will now have time next week to get the FPGA working for the interim demo. My goal is to first have a basic HPE model working for the demo (even if it does not meet the specifications) and then spend the rest of the time finalizing it. I have updated the gantt chart accordingly.