Kavish’s Status Report for 3/9/24

My last two weeks were spent working mainly on the design report. This process made me look a little bit deeper into the system implementation component of our project compared to the design presentation. Since there were numerous ways to achieve the same goal of implementation, we analyzed the different methods to understand the advantages in terms of functional efficiency and developmental efficiencies. For the FPGA development, we will be highly reliant on the Vitis AI tool and its model zoo and libraries. This decision was made for fastest development time in mind instead of focusing on optimizations from the get-go. Similarly for the web application, we decided that we should initially just use the OpenCV library for viewing and debugging purposes and then transition to a more mature display platform later in the project. As for my progress on the HPE development on FPGA, I am still running into a couple of roadblocks to fully compile the project on the board. I am referring to other works online who have attempted similar projects and will reach out for additional help as required. As for the progress, I am on the border of on-track or a little behind schedule due to the time spent on the design report. I do not need to alter the schedule as of right now, but will update it next week if required.