Ricky’s Status Report for 2/17/2024

My main task for this week was to prepare slides for the design presentation. About this, I added more input into which ML models we would use, how much data we would need, how to collect the data, and the general data flow. I also set up GitHub and added the general file structure for the different scripts we would need. This includes gathering data, training the model, testing the model, and the general runtime routine. I also wrote the first draft of the script that is responsible for collecting the data via Bluetooth. I also revamped our entire Gantt chart to reflect the changes to our development cycle (prototypes). I am continuing to think about how we will store the saved models so that different models can be loaded based on the demo goals (NN, SVM, vocabulary)

My progress is on schedule.

Next week, I hope to draft up the scripts for training the various ML models. I hope to also finalize where we will store the models and how to reuse them when they have been thoroughly trained. I will also set up the testing routine to evaluate the performance of the models. I will also explore automatic testing for optimal hyperparameters. I will also assist in developing the physical glove as well as add my input to the way the data should be formatted from the glove