Ria’s Status Report for 2/10/2024

I spent this week doing a ton of research on what compute to use for our design as well as some lower level ideas for the software implementation. These were all things I presented in the team meetings so that we could further our design into a more complete product.

I first looked at the macro level of the project and found gloves that we could iterate on. I found some very basic ones on amazon that were cotton and we decided to use those for now.

Then I researched a few designs for how the compute would be set up. The full fleshed idea would ideally have two boards, one on each hand doing all compute and all interactions with the world. But since this is a really complex design, we decided to break our project up into rapid prototypes with the first one being a single working glove communicating to a computer via bluetooth. Thinking through the processes involved and breaking down the problem into subcomponents helped me better visualize the future of the class and product.

I proposed a few boards: Jetson Nano, Arduino Nano 33, and the Pi Zero. With the information each of us provided to the conversations helped us prepare for next week when we do finalize a design.