Ronit’s Status Report for 2/10/2024

Tasks accomplished this week

This week, I primarily worked on the presentation for our project proposal with my partners Nina and David. I worked on designing the flowchart, project schedule, and actual presentation slides (6+ hours) in collaboration with them. Additionally, I handled some logistics like setting up our repository and researching drones with a SDK suitable for our purposes (2+ hours). I also worked on started researching the YOLO detection algorithm and how I want to implement the load balancing algorithm (2+ hours). For our purposes, a round robin load balancing algorithm would be ideal, so I started implementing this in Go. I also worked on connecting my IDE with the GHC machines (3+ hours).

Progress

I was able to get a sufficient amount of work done with the load balancing algorithm and would say that I’m ahead of my schedule.

Deliverables for next week

For next week, I am going to work on the load balancing algorithm more and complete it. I also want to write unit tests to completely test the algorithm’s functionality, and I also want to go ahead and start implementing the YOLO detection algorithm as per schedule.