Thomas’s Status Report for 3/16/24

This week, I wrote code to test the cameras we bought. The code used OpenCV in Python to capture frames from all 4 cameras simultaneously and displayed the frames from one of the cameras based on whether the last key pressed was 1, 2, 3, or 4. All 4 cameras were functional although we may need to order a spare in case one of them breaks. I also worked on psuedocode for updating the servo position based on the bounding boxes produced by the tracking algorithm. The pseudocode gets the x midpoint of the race car‘s bounding box and compares it to the x midpoint of the frame to decide the servo positional adjustment needed.

I am behind schedule when it comes to the feed selection/auto-switching algorithm development. This was discussed in our team meeting on Wednesday but I’m not entirely sure on how to start because I haven’t able to easily find previously existing work to start from. To catch up, I’ll have to ask for help on the feasibility of some of my ideas from course staff and ask my teammates for help testing the ideas out on our actual hardware. Next week I hope to have tested an idea out on our actual hardware that actually produces a stream that somewhat matches our use case requirements.