Yufei’s Status Report for 03/23/2024

What I did the week before

My last week was spent on setting up the Kinect One camera.

What I did this week

This week was spent on debugging the software bridge issue for the Kienct One camera. I was able to successfully get the software bridge to work. However I had some trouble getting visualization of the camera feed to work while running rivz on the Kria board.

I spend a couple days looking into getting visualization to work since we needed visualization for camera calibration. However, after days of digging around, it appeared to me that the Kria board has some graphics driver issues and hence cannot initialize a X display. Specifically, the armsoc driver is not shipped with the board, and OpenGL is not happy with the board defaulting to use swrast.To get around with it, I brought the camera home and calibrated it by setting up the same ROS environment on my own Linux workstation. This calibration should only be done once so we shouldn’t need to use OpenGL when we deploy our code to the board in the future.

What I plan to be doing next week

Now that we have the software bridge, the next step is to use octomap to convert the raw camera feed into voxel mappings. I have already started working on the implementation and anticipate to get it done in the next week. After that, I could try to integrade it with our existing RRT implementation.