Simon’s Status Report for 02/24/2024

Achievements

I made little progress this week. I didn’t manage to finish the HPS guide I mentioned last week due to not having an ethernet router or an ethernet port on my laptop, both of which are needed. As such, I am unable to use the UART to USB communication that I was originally planning on until I get the ethernet components. I have not yet figured out an alternative for communication without using the HPS. Also, I didn’t get to experiment with OpenCL this week because I didn’t have the required microSD card and the adapter, so I am waiting on those to be delivered this coming Monday (note to self: In the future, I should read all the required materials first thing). As a result, much of my time this week was spent on planning the OpenCL implementation since I was unable to make progress on the other deliverables.

Progress:

I am significantly behind schedule, since I am supposed to start implementing the CV algorithm using OpenCL next week. To resolve this, I plan to spend some extra time over spring break (which was originally scheduled to not have any work) to catch back up to schedule, since I doubt I will be back on schedule by the end of this week.