Alana’s Status Report for 2/24/24

Personal Accomplishments:

I spent a lot of this week building up the web app, integrating the output from the lidar, and researching into Three.js as Grace has been able to get 3D models from PyVista with said output.  I don’t have anything too exciting to show visually as most of the work is just me getting more familiar with the systems or in the code rather than the UI itself.

Though for big changes, I decided to switch over component libraries. At first, I was using a Next.js library called Shadecn as it was very popular and Next.js has a lot of nice backend features right out of the box compared to regular React that I wanted to have just in case they became useful later. However, I found Next.js and Shadecn more difficult to work with than regular React. It was the first time I had worked with either and while they were both very similar to React and the previous component library I’ve used, MUI, I wasn’t happy with the speed of my work. As such, I’ve decided to go with MUI and regular React due to my familiarity with it. Next.js and Shadecn weren’t impossible to work with but I hope the change may help me make faster progress in the future.

Progress:

Currently, I am on schedule. I’ll keep at it.

Schedule Status: On time.

Next Week’s Deliverables:

Next week I hope to have Three.js implemented into the web app. Maybe it won’t be working perfectly, but I at least want it to get to a state where it can interact with the web app code I have installed.