Grace’s Status Report for 4/27/2024

This week, I focused on testing and refining our project alongside my team. My tasks involved improving the accuracy of our system’s room dimension measurements and furniture classification. I worked to make these improvements by adjusting the parameters used to generate the model and the heuristics used to determine furniture types from the point cloud. My work contributed directly to increasing the precision of our system in measuring spaces and identifying furniture.

We are currently using the slack in our project schedule to focus on testing and improvements. This phase is crucial for ensuring our system meets our accuracy goals. Next week, I plan to continue refining the room dimension measurement algorithms to reduce errors, further improve the furniture classification system by enhancing the machine learning models and expanding the training dataset, and start preparing for the final demonstration by integrating all updates into the system and ensuring everything functions together smoothly.