Alana’s Status Report for 2/10/24

Personal Accomplishments:

Most of my time this week has been spent researching the best way to implement the web app part of our project. For this, I’ve decided to go with React, a user interface library that uses Javascript code to easily implement UI components like buttons, dashboards, video players among other things. I feel confident in this as React is a very common tool in web development and I have a lot of experience with it due to using it for a past project.

I took the time to set up a GitHub Repository for the project to save different versions of the website as I work and already set up a React environment in VSCode to program everything in HTML5.

Progress:

Initially, our schedule gave me 2 weeks to work on UI. That schedule was mainly a rough draft and after talking with my partners, we made some adjustments to it. Part of that meant fleshing out what I was doing and I got more time to plan things out. Because of that, I’m on schedule.

Schedule Status: On time.

Next Week’s Deliverables:

Next week I hope to get some more finalized sketches or drafts for the pages to take into the prototyping stage. I plan to sketch things out with the use of Figma, a website often used for application design. I’ve used that in conjunction with React before so I feel confident in using it.