Alana’s Status Report for 3/16/24

Personal Accomplishments:

I had the goal of uploading a 3D model into the web app using the data from the LiDAR. Admittedly, I wasn’t able to make big progress on it as I found getting the web app (which is written in Javascript) to run Python code (which is the language for PyVista and produces the 3D models from the scans) was more difficult than I thought. While I don’t have much to show visually, I’m still learning on the coding side of things so progress is being made there at least.

Progress:

Technically, I’m not behind schedule but I’m not making as much progress as I wanted this week. I plan on doubling my efforts to make things work, but if I keep having issues, I’ll try to get web app’s Three.js (which is what produces 3D models there) to produce the models directly over trying to get it to interface with PyVista. Hopefully it won’t come to that as PyVista has some useful functions that would make the process easier.

Schedule Status: Behind.

Next Week’s Deliverables:

I hope to get more interaction with PyVista and the web app done this week and be able to import models created by PyVista at least.