Neelansh’s Status Report for 23rd March, 2024

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours). 

This week was a long one. I worked on building the QuadSPI interface for transmitting data from the receiver ESP32 to the lattice ECP5 FPGA. This involved understanding the firmware of the FPGA to understand how to set up the quad data transfer points and send bits. I also had to write code to set up the SPI on the ESP32 after reading and understanding the entire manual. I had to experiment with the clock speed, configure the Quad SPI mode based on the clock polarity and clock phase that would match the FPGA (slave device). All these tasks involved reading, writing code, and extensive debugging. I also attended the ethics seminar and actively contributed to the discussion.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule? 

The project is on schedule.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Next week, I plan on integrating the QuadSPI interface with the ESP32 and start receiving data on the ESP32, serializing it, and then transmitting it to the connected FPGA to simulate real world conditions.