Sirisha’s Status Report for 04/01/23

This week I did a lot of work in all three areas of the project.  First, with the web application, I worked on more formatting and helped to add the graphs and charts based on the dummy data.  I only spent the first few days of the week on the web application as we realized we needed to speed up the progress in the other areas.  I spent a few days helping Yasser out with the computer vision code.  I helped implement the code to detect an open mouth and the classification for it being a yawn or not.  I also working on the code for closed eyes and did a classification for whether or not someone’s eyes are closed for too long or if their blink rate is decreasing.  And now that all of the hardware components to start setting up the Jetson have arrived, I worked with Elinora to set up out new Jetson Nano and we prepared the accelerometers by soldering them so we could make sure the Jetson was getting data from the accelerometers properly, and after testing it out today, it was successful.

Everything for the most part is on track right now, with the exception of starting to integrate with the car.  However, we have discussed that for the interim demo, we still don’t need that part to be complete, and everything else is on track.  That part should be caught up to soon given our buffer time.

For next week, I hope to have the accelerometer working with the Jetson properly early on and all of the computer vision code merged into one program.  I also want to try to implement Google OAuth with the web application if there is time this week.