Elinora’s Status Report for 03/25/23

This past week, I focused on fleshing out the web application with Sirisha. I implemented all the buttons that we need to navigate through the pages of the application and worked on formatting for the login, registration, and logs pages with Sirisha. I also met with Yasser to discuss what we want to have done by our interim report. Currently, we want to have the eye tracking working with a simplified calibration step for a demo on Yasser’s computer and have the web application fully working with login capabilities and dummy data. After the interim report, we will integrate the CV/ML with our hardware and display the data from the actual DriveWise device on the web application instead of just dummy data.

According to our Gantt chart, my progress is behind schedule. I did not make any progress this week incorporating the hardware components, instead deciding to focus on the web application because we’re thinking of having our interim demo not include hardware integration. This past week I was scheduled to test the website with dummy data, but we are not yet sure what we want the exact format of the data to be, so I will discuss with Sirisha and Yasser in class on Monday and then create some dummy data to test the metrics and logs parts of the web application with.

By the end of next week, I hope to complete the testing of the web application with dummy data and individually test the camera and accelerometers since I did not get to that this week.