Seaver’s Status Report for 3/25/23

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

This week I finished the Backend APIs for the web app. Everything now should be stored in an SQLite Database. The users can input their names and submit them via a “new game” page. They are then redirected to a stats page which will display every user’s real-time stats. I also shared the repo with Erik and CJ so Erik and do more of the front-end design using react. Lastly, I also picked up the extra IMU and made additional orders for more sensors, so that we can have 3 independent sets of clubs and balls. This included the purchase of RFID tags and more IMUs.

Is your progress on schedule or behind?

We are slightly behind as of right now. I wanted to have Bluetooth fully integrated with the system, but we ran into a couple of issues. Some of the serialization protocols are not working as they should. We are only able to send one byte at a time.

What steps will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I am going to work with CJ simultaneously to get the Bluetooth working for the IMU. We have two IMUs so it should be faster. Meanwhile Erik will polish up the frontend look of the website

We need to send the data from the IMU over Bluetooth, to the local computer. The local computer should then make a post request to the web app. Our main blocker and focus right now is working with Bluetooth. Everything else (all of the other sensors) can be wired directly into the local computer.