Seaver’s Status Report for 4/8/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

This week we had our interim demo. I worked on setting up endpoints for the demo. I modified the current web app implementation so that users can assign names to a specific type of ball that way a user is easier defined and it can be queried from the database. I also added endpoints to modify the distance the ball is away from the hole for each person. I worked with CJ to have this updated in real time during the demo. I also set up the IMU so that we could get a graphical representation of how it looks when you pitch the club in different directions.

Is your progress on schedule or behind?

We are currently on schedule. I am going to continue working on the BT for the IMU this weekend so that we can begin full testing for each of our components.

What steps will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

na

Haver the IMU BT set up by next week and have preliminary testing of “ball hits” as well as balls made. I would also like to put the IMU inside of the balls and see the accuracy there.

Now that you are entering into the verification and validation phase of your project, provide a comprehensive update on what tests you have run or are planning to run. In particular, how will you analyze the anticipated measured results to verify your contribution to the project meets the engineering design requirements or the use case requirements?

I am planning to run all of the “Distance-to-Hole,” “pair ball”, “stroke accuracy” and “holes made” tests. I will be performing these tests as per our design doc. this week. These are less modular. I will use the whole system, including the sensors, to perform these tests. So far I have only written some unit tests for the Web App. I want to run a couple more integration tests and reliability tests. I have run into a problem a couple times where the server fails to create a new game for some reason.