Erik’s Weekly Status Report 04/01/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week I focused on transforming the API’s of our webApp from REST to graphQL. This was done due to the fact that we were creating an exceedingly large number of endpoints due to the various different functions that our webApp would handle. Updating ball distance, starting a new game, ending a game, were all required different endpoints using a REST API, therefore we decided to work on transitioning to the project to graphQL to have only one endpoint, with a large variety of Json like inputs. I was able to successfully setup graphQL and successfully update the database using it on my branch of the codebase. While there is more to add, this is a very promising start on the API migration, and hardest part of the migration.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I believe our progress may be a bit behind, simply due to the fact that many of our orders have been taking much longer than expected to arrive. We have ordered a battery, some “artificial turf”, and compatible RFID chips, which all have not arrived yet. This is unfortunately slowing down our integration, and potentially leaving us with a less fleshed out Interim demo then we would like. This issue should be easily resolved once the parts arrive however, as we have been doing great work integrating the rest of the components, so once these pieces finally arrive, the last few steps should be quite manageable.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

By our iterm demo on Monday, I want us to be able to show functional ball tracking in a solo putting game, and accurately keep score of hits, and when the player finally makes it in the whole. Assuming our IMU battery, and other essential items arrive this week, we should be able to have accurate feedback on speed and club angle/ball path as interesting data metrics for our demo as well.