Seaver’s Status Report for 4/1/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

I fixed the IMU code so that the Bluetooth now transmits floats instead of just single bytes. In the mobile app that pairs with the IMU, I also modified the settings so that it displays transmitted data as floats instead of hexadecimal values.

Erik has been working on implementing a GraphQL endpoint to simplify making changes to the backend DB. In the meantime, I augmented the homepage, so that there is a new game button that goes to the new game page. I also added functionality so that the stats page updates every 0.5 seconds. It is a bit inefficient at the moment, so we may want to switch to using AJAX in a later implementation.

Is your progress on schedule or behind?

We are currently on schedule. We will be wrapping up the integration of the LiDAR to the web app tomorrow. On the web app side, I want to deploy the app using Heroku. Perhaps we can use Kubernetes? We will finalize it tomorrow.

What steps will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Just need to work hard tomorrow to be ready for the demo.

We need to integrate the LiDAR, RFID, and pressure sensors into the web app. I will work with CJ on how the data will be processed before sending it to the web app. I also will work on looking for alternatives to host the web app itself, so that many devices can make POST requests to augment the database.