Erik Feldmann Status Report 03/25/2023

This week my primary focus was establishing a front end for our webApp. While I was gone at NCAA’s the prior week, CJ and Seaver made great progress integrating our hardware and webApp together, with Seaver focussing on the backend of the webApp, and CJ focussing on the hardware. This left me with the opportunity to start work on the frontend, as that is the one aspect of our project we had not touched yet. I am working on the front end in React JS, something I am unfamiliar with. I am learning a new language, so its taking me longer than I would like to create an established product. However, I have full confidence I will become proficient in React (and JavaScript) by the end of the semester.

I believe we are well on schedule considering the integration we have accomplished so far. The one place we are lacking on is our physical green that we need to build, and we plan to address that tomorrow (03/26), and get started building.

Next week I plan to push a working front end to production, leaving us with a nice webApp that looks like a bit more than HTML. Also as a team we plan to have the green at least partially assembled, with the skeleton frame of the wood put together. We placed an order last week for our “grass”, and we are 3D printing balls and a hole. All in all, our project is coming together quite well.