Qiaoan’s Status Report for 02/11/2023

Week 2/5 – 2/11:

1. Prepare for the proposal presentation.
  2. Build my 3D printer for future prototyping. Learn how to use Fusion360 to create 3D models and Ultimaker Cura to control the 3D printer. Successfully print a test file to make sure the printer is ready for future prototyping.
  3. Search about possible gyroscope options available for purchase. One possible option is LSM6DSR from ST Microelectronics. It fits our requirements based on the info I find. There are many other gyro modules for sale on Internet, and I think gyros around $10 should be good enough for our project if we want to use cheap as an advantage for our solution.
  4. When designing the steering wheel, I prefer to set around 11 inches wide and 6 inches height. Also about less than 2 inches wide thickness if that’s enough for microcontrollers and battery.
  5. I think I’m on schedule. Next week will be focusing on the design of the steering wheel. I think I will come up with a draft for it together with Xiao. I will also order a gyroscope and look into its manual to see how it works.