Ian F’s Status Report for 3/25

Last week’s scheduled testing did not take place. In consequence, I believe I am behind schedule but this is not something that will have significant or negative repercussions down the line. I believe that next week I can catch up and develop this subsystem further in order to meet the requirements and the expectations for the interim demo on the first week of April.

Having said this, some progress was made on the code side of things with the NodeMcu and the sensor. I worked on two versions of an Arduino script for the NodeMcu which takes in the voltage outputted from our sensor and performs the necessary calculations based on the graph on the sensors datasheet. I have not tested the script with the sensor directly. As a result, the plan for next week is to complete the testing mentioned last week and download the script onto the NodeMcu and see if it requires modifications or any other refinements. My hope is that with this script we are able to obtain digital distance measurements that can be compared with the analog ones obtained from our lab equipment. This way we can see if our script needs work or if it provides better results than the analog testing.