Wonho’s Status Report for 4/10

This week I was able to make a large break though with the Jetson and Camera module and setting up the torso detection with Open Pose. Initially, Jeremy and I had set up a Plan B which utilized trt-pose and a different camera (IMX 219) but it was not going smoothly so we had ordered a different camera that would hopefully work with the software and was going to test it. However, working at night on Monday, I was able to get Open Pose working with the Jetson and the original Arducam we had a found a way to extract the data from the output.

Open Pose is run on the individual screenshots we take of the person and I was able to return a output as a JSON file that where we would be able to identify the key body point in terms of coordinates. Open Pose is able to identify a total of 25 key points across the body and we just need to use 1-8 to detect the upper torso. What I plan on doing in the upcoming week is to use these key points to automatically crop the image we are using and connect it with the Color Thief algorithm to detect the main piece of clothing the user is wearing.

OpenPose body key points
Running OpenPose on my body
Output JSON file from OpenPose